Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weight Loss Trick that Really Works

I want to share a weight loss trick that is so easy to do it's nothing short of amazing.  You use nothing but your mind to make this work.  And here is the unusual part:  you do it while eating things that are forbidden in your diet or weight loss plan.

Everyone has a weakness for particular foods when it comes to losing weight.  For many it is sweets.  If your goal to lose weight is often sabotaged by a craving for sweets, here is a good way to kick that habit, strange as it may sound:

Start saying silently to yourself "I don't like sweets."  Say it several times a day. It doesn't have to be out loud.  Make sure to make this affirmation even while you are eating sweets.  The first time I decided to try this method, I found myself eating a twinkie soon after.  I was very much enjoying that twinkie, but, dutifully, I said to myself, "I don't like sweets."  The intellectual side of my brain knew it was a lie.  I was loving every bite of that twinkie.  It was comical.  But I stayed with my commitment and it wasn't long until I lost my craving for sweets. 

I believe this neat little psychological trick will work for everyone.  If you try it, let me know how it worked for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment