Saturday, May 12, 2012

Alternatives to Shampoo



My last post was about commercial shamoos and the harmful chemicals in it.  It seems like these chemicals are in all the shampoos you find at places like Walmart.  So the only way to get a bottle of shampoo that doesn't have these chemicals is to get it at a health food or vitamin store.

Another option is to use products right from your kitchen.  I've tried one of these options.  I really wasn't expecting much.  But I was and am pleasantly surprized.  What's the home remedy?  Baking soda!  Sounds weird, I know.  But I made a paste with water and poured it on my scalp just like it was shampoo.

I liked the results.  But first, let me finish with the details.  After I rinsed out the baking soda I poured a glass of water through my hair that had about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it.  The recipe I had said to do this to make sure you got rid of all the baking soda residue.

My hair was clean and soft.  It was also shiny.  My scalp felt good.  This really works.

I can see where there would be times when this prodecure would be a little inconvenient if, say, you were in a hurry.  For times like that, you would want a "regular" bottle of shampoo in the shower.  This is where the shampoo from the health food store would come in handy.

I hope it makes my hair thicker.  Time will tell.  Till next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment